Our complete terms and conditions are contained below, but some important points for you to know before you become a customer are set out below:
- We are a subscription service, and by downloading the Application and creating an account with us, you are agreeing to use our services on an ongoing basis;
- You are responsible for conducting your own enquiries in relation to the suitability of this Application in your intended country of use in relation to your legal and medical professional requirements and applicable laws and/ or regulations, including but not limited to with respect to the storage of Data (as defined in Section 1 below);
- Our liability under these Terms is limited to the Price paid by you in connection to the relevant claim (being the total price paid by you for the subscription), and we will not be liable for consequential loss;
- We will have no liability for any injury or loss to any person, failure or delay in providing the service, or a breach of any law, where such loss was caused or contributed to by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control or act or omission of you or your related parties;
- The Application is only available to businesses in the UK for business purposes.
- This Application does not come with any integrated speech-to-text dictation functionality and so any such functionality that is provided on your device for dictation services is used at your sole risk. You warrant to us that you are complying with all applicable laws (including data protection laws) when using speech-to-text dictation functionality as a method to upload content to the Application. We are not responsible for any losses or liability you suffer as a result of using any speech-to-text dictation functionality, contained on your device, to upload content to the Application.
- We may amend these Terms at any time by publishing updated terms on our Application.
This application (Application) is operated by Praccelerate Pty Ltd T/A Praccelerate (ABN: 69 653 698 901) (we, our or us). These terms and conditions (Terms) are between us and you, the business using our services through the Application as a subscriber. The primary purpose of our Application is to allow medical practitioners to create and communicate patient information and documentation (Data) between themselves, that is, to enable one medical practitioner to send Data to another medical practitioner, or medical facility. If you are using the Application on behalf of your employer or a business entity, you, in your individual capacity, represent and warrant that you are authorised to act on behalf of your employer or the business entity and to bind the entity and the entity’s personnel to these Terms.
- This Application operates globally and you are responsible for ensuring that the storage and sharing of the Data (including sensitive data, see clause 4(c)) is compliant with your country’s legal requirements, and/or the legal requirements of the country in which you are using the Application. As such, by downloading and using our Application, you warrant that you will make your own independent legal and general enquiries in relation to the suitability of this Application for its intended use in your country or any country in which you use our Application and you will abide by all applicable laws and/or regulations in your use of the Application.
- You further acknowledge and agree that we are in no way making any representations or warranties in relation to or are responsible or liable for any of your legal and/ or professional medical obligations. We make no assurances as to the suitability and/ or legal compliance of the Application in any specific jurisdiction.
- You must create an account on our website (Website) to use our Application.
- It is your responsibility to keep your account details confidential. You are responsible for all activity on your account, including purchases made using your account details (being relevant subscription fees). Your obligations pursuant to this clause involve maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all Data shared and taking all necessary steps to maintain the integrity of the confidentiality of the Data, including:
- limiting access to password locked devices which have access to the Application;
- not providing any passwords to third parties, except as required to share information via the password-protected PDF function that forms part of the Application;
- using reasonable and secure methods to communicate the password to access the password-protected PDF function that forms part of the Application;
- not accessing the Application on third party and/ or public devices; and
- taking all other reasonable steps required to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all Data.
4. Use of the Application
- Subject to you purchasing a Subscription in accordance with Section 5 below and your compliance with the restrictions set out in this section 4, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right and licence to use the Application during the term of your Subscription solely for your own internal business purposes.
- You accept these Terms by registering an account.
- You agree and acknowledge that this Application is not intended for use by consumers and is solely for (1) business and commercial purposes; and (2) medical purposes and must only be used by medical practitioners or administrative personnel that have been approved by the medical practitioner (Approved Personnel). Use of the Application by Approved Personnel, however, is subject to the following conditions:
- The Approved Personnel will not have a separate account on the Application, but will be named as a nominated delegate under the medical practitioner’s account;
- The medical practitioner is primarily responsible for the Approved Personnel’s compliance with these Terms as the relevant account holder; and
- Prior to any medical data being entered by the Approved Personnel, it must first be approved for entry in writing by the medical practitioner who is the account holder.
- You agree and acknowledge that this Application is not to act as a storage mechanism or record keeper. In particular, we do not represent in any way that this Application fulfils your compliance obligations with regard to the storage of the Data or Sensitive Data in your relevant jurisdiction or any specific jurisdiction. You should ensure that all Data, including Sensitive Data, transcribed on the Application is stored in a separate paper or Electronic Medical Record, being an electronic record of a patients general information and treatment as collected by the medical practice (EMR) (Additional Storage). It is your sole obligation to ensure that the Additional Storage complies with all applicable laws, including privacy laws in your relevant jurisdiction or the jurisdiction in which the Data, including any relevant Sensitive Data, is stored. Nothing in this clause is intended to represent that the Application is to be used for data storage purposes, and you agree and acknowledge this is not the purpose of the Application and you will not use it for that purpose.
- When using the Application, you must not do or attempt to do anything unlawful or inappropriate, including:
- anything that would constitute a breach of an individual’s privacy (including uploading private or personal information or images without an individual’s consent or any other legal rights;
- using the Application to defame, harass, threaten, menace or offend any person;
- using the Application for unlawful purposes;
- interfering with any user of the Application;
- tampering with or modifying the Application (including by transmitting viruses and using trojan horses);
- using the Application to send unsolicited electronic messages;
- using data mining, robots, screen scraping or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Application;
- facilitating or assisting a third party to do any of the above acts; or.
- Which is in breach of the Google Cloud Platform Acceptable Use Policy which can be found here: https://cloud.google.com/terms/aup
- You will not:
- except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement between the parties and except to the extent expressly permitted under this agreement:
- attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the Application (as applicable) in any form or media or by any means; or
- attempt to de-compile, reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Application; or
- access all or any part of the Application in order to build a product or service which competes with the Application; or
- use the Application to provide services to third parties; or
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make the Application available to any third party except the Approved Personnel, or
- attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the Application, other than as provided under these Terms; or
- introduce or permit the introduction of, any virus or vulnerability into our network and information systems.
- We reserve the right, without liability or prejudice to our other rights to you, to disable or suspend your access to the Application if there is any breach of the provisions of this section.
- except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement between the parties and except to the extent expressly permitted under this agreement:
- In these Terms, the Price means the monthly or annual fee paid by you to access our services via the Application.
- Subscription: You will be charged the Price for your subscription by creating an account on our Website, whereby you can then download the Application (via, for example, the App Store or Google Play or accessing it through a web browser) at no charge and use your account login details for use of the Application.
- Contract Formation: once you have completed your account set-up, accepted these Terms and paid the Price a contract will form between you and us for the provision of the Subscription and these Terms will apply. At this point we will send you your account login details.
- Free Trial Period: Your subscription may begin with a free trial, which if applicable, will last for the period specified in your account (Free Trial Period). We determine who is eligible for a free trial and limit eligibility to prevent free trial abuse. We may cancel your free trial and suspend your account at any time if we determine that you are not eligible for a free trial. At the end of the Free Trial Period, your free trial will roll over into a fully paid subscription, unless you cancel your subscription before the end of the Free Trial Period.
- Billing Date: Subject to any applicable Free Trial Period, you will be charged the same Price each month or year (as set out in your account) on the relevant anniversary of your account creation (the Billing Date).
- No Minimum Term & Cancellation: No minimum term applies to your subscription and you may cancel at any time. If you do so at least 48 hours before the Billing Date, you will not be billed on the next Billing Date. If, however, your cancellation is not received by us at least 48 hours before the next billing cycle (allowing us sufficient time to cancel your subscription) you will not be refunded for the Price paid for the relevant billing cycle, and your account will instead be cancelled in the next billing cycle. No refunds will be provided for any period of any billing cycle, even if the Application is not used by you in that billing cycle or part thereof.
- We may, at our absolute discretion, suspend or cancel any subscription. If we need to suspend or cancel your subscription, we will promptly notify you via email.
- In-active Period: If your subscription is suspended or cancelled under any circumstance, including but not limited to in accordance with clause 5(g), your account will be made in-active, i.e., you will no longer be able to utilise the Application except to access and download the records on the Application (including PDF records) existing at the time of suspension, which ability to download will remain available for 3 months from the date of your account being made in-active (In-active Period). You agree and acknowledge that following the Inactive Period, all Data and/ or other information you have uploaded or communicated through the Application, will be deleted without notice to you. However, you agree and acknowledge that we do not have control over the deletion of the said Data that has been communicated to third parties in your use of the Application.
- You may request a deletion of your account without an In-active Period and upon receipt of such request, we will delete all Data or otherwise you have uploaded on the Application immediately, or as soon as reasonably practicable. However, you agree and acknowledge that we do not have control over the deletion of the said Data that has been communicated to third parties in your use of the Application.
6. Price and Payments
- We may change the Price from time to time. If we change the Price, we will provide you with 14 days’ notice of the change. After 14 days, we will apply the new Price to your existing payment details for all future Billing Dates. If you do not agree with the new Price, you may cancel your subscription in accordance with these Terms.
- You must not pay, or attempt to pay, the Price by fraudulent or unlawful means. If you make a payment by debit card or credit card, you warrant that you are authorised to use the debit card or credit card to make the payment. When you sign up for a subscription, we may pre-authorise or charge your payment method for a nominal amount to verify the payment method.
- The payment methods we offer are set out on the Website. We may offer payment through a third-party provider being, Stripe. You acknowledge and agree that we have no control over the actions of the third-party provider, and your use of the third-party payment method may be subject to additional terms and conditions. We do not store any credit card details, and all payment information is collected and stored through our third-party payment processor.
7. Our Obligations
- We undertake to use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Application will perform substantially in accordance with the descriptions provided to you.
- The undertaking in Section 7(a) will not apply to the extent of any non-conformance which is caused by use of the Application by you which is contrary to our instructions to you, or as a result of modifications or alterations of the Application by you or any of your Approved Personnel.
- We do not warrant that your use of the Application will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- We will not be responsible for any delays, failures or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communications networks and facilities, including the internet and you acknowledge that the Application may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of such communications facilities.
- We warrant that we have and will maintain all necessary licenses, consents and permissions necessary for the performance of our obligations under these Terms.
- All warranties, representations, conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, excluded from this agreement.
- The Application is provided to you on an “as is” basis.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes our liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or (ii) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- In these Terms, Consequential Loss means consequential, special or indirect loss, damage or expense including any real or anticipated loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of use, loss of occupation, loss of benefit, loss of financial opportunity, economic loss whether arising out of a breach of these Terms, at law, under any statute, in equity, or in tort (including negligence or any claim made by any patient or third party including but not limited to a claim in relation to medical treatment, procedure or diagnosis in relation to which Data has been shared on the Application and/or through the Services).
- Despite anything to the contrary, and without otherwise limiting this clause 8, to the maximum extent permitted by law:
- i) our maximum aggregate liability arising from or in connection with the Terms (including the services and/or the subject matter of the Terms) will be limited to, and will not exceed, the total Price paid by you for your subscription during the 12 months immediately preceding the relevant liability arises or any relevant claim is made; and
- ii) we will not be liable to you for any loss of profit (including anticipated profit), loss of benefit (including anticipated benefit), loss of revenue, wasted expenditure, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings (including anticipated savings), loss of reputation, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of Data, pure economic loss, whether under statute, contract, equity, tort , indemnity, any Consequential Loss or otherwise.
- Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for, and you waive and release us from and against, any liability caused or contributed to by, arising from or connected with any event or circumstance which is beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to, acts of God including fire, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, landslide, tsunami, mudslide or other catastrophic natural disaster, civil riot, civil rebellion, revolution, terrorism, insurrection, militarily usurped power, act of sabotage, act of a public enemy, war (whether declared or not) or other like hostilities, ionising radiation, contamination by radioactivity, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, any widespread illness, quarantine or government sanctioned ordinance or shutdown, pandemic (including COVID-19 and any variations or mutations to this disease or illness) or epidemic.
- Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will have no liability, and you release and discharge us from all liability, arising from or in connection with any:
- failure or delay in receiving a service on the Application; or
- breach of the Terms,
- where caused or contributed to by any:
- event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or
- act or omission of you or your related parties.
- Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not have liability and you release and discharge us from all liability, arising from or in connection with:
- any storage of Data;
- any communication of Data;
- any breach of any law or your obligations to the owner of the relevant Data;
- any breach of the warranty provided by you in section 10(c) of these Terms;
- any breach of your obligations as a medical practitioner under all circumstances; and/ or
- any temporary unavailability of our services or permanent loss of Data on the Application or otherwise due to any technical and connectivity issues.
- You agree that any information contained on the Application and any materials provided with our services (collectively Materials) are provided for general information purposes only and do not take into account your personal circumstances or those of any patient. Our Application is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition and you are solely responsible for determining the suitability of our Application for your circumstances and your reliance on the Materials is at your own risk. Use of our Application and/or the Materials does not establish a medical practitioner-patient relationship.
- We may, at any time and without notice to you, discontinue our Application or services, in whole or in part. We may also exclude any person from using our Application or services, at any time at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for any loss, damage, or expense, howsoever arising, whether direct or indirect and/or whether present, unascertained, future, or contingent (Liability) you may suffer arising from or in connection with any such discontinuance or exclusion.
- This clause 8 will survive expiry or termination of these Terms.
You agree to indemnify us in full against any claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the Application, including without limitation any breach by you of any section of these Terms.
9. Intellectual property
- All intellectual property (including copyright) developed, adapted, modified or created by us or our personnel (including in connection with the Terms, any content on the Application, and the services) (Our Intellectual Property) will at all times vest, or remain vested, in us.
- We authorise you to use Our Intellectual Property solely in the manner in which it was intended to be used.
- You must not use Our Intellectual Property for commercial purposes, including, for example, to advertise your own business, for re-sale, or for any other revenue generation activity.
- You must not, without our prior written consent:
- copy, in whole or in part, any of Our Intellectual Property;
- reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any of Our Intellectual Property to any third party; or
- breach any intellectual property rights connected with the Application or the service, including (without limitation) altering or modifying any of Our Intellectual Property; causing any of Our Intellectual Property to be framed or embedded in another web application; or creating derivative works from any of Our Intellectual Property.
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property (including copyright) in the Data you upload or communicate through the Application is owned by you or you otherwise are entitled to upload it (Your Intellectual Property). Your Intellectual Property will at all times vest, or remain vested in you. You further acknowledge that you are licensed or otherwise entitled to use the relevant Data consistent with the Terms, and, in particular, but without limiting these Terms, provide to us the License described in (f) below.
- Based on your acknowledgment in the above clause (e), you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, royalty-free license to use the Data for the purpose of consolidating or relying on the Data for our own commercial and research purposes as well as on-selling the Data to third parties for commercial benefit (Licensed Data) and warrant that the uploading and use of any Data consistent with these Terms and Conditions will not infringe any third party Intellectual Property rights.
- You grant us permission to transfer the Data to Google LLC in the USA for the purposes of data storage on their servers, in accordance with the International Data Transfer Agreement, which forms part of these Terms and which can be viewed at this link.
- Our use of the Licensed Data will not in any way breach any applicable Privacy Laws or any party’s privacy (including the privacy of the relevant patient) as it will not identify any specific details on the identity of the patient or otherwise contain information that would enable a third party to identify any specific patient. The nature of our use of the Licensed Data is to gather the Data or sub-sets thereof for data analytics or reporting purposes. For example, to extract data on the most common treatments for certain ailments, or surgical methods used for certain injuries.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, nothing in these Terms and in particular this clause 9 limits our use of the Licensed Data, provided such use does not breach any applicable laws, including Privacy Laws.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes your liability to us for any breach, infringement, or misappropriation of Our Intellectual Property.
10. Data Protection
- For the purposes of these Terms, the following terms are defined as follows:
Controller, Processor, Data Subject, Personal Data, Special Category Data, Personal Data Breach, processing and appropriate technical and organisational measures: as defined in the Data Protection Legislation.
Data Protection Legislation: all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in the UK including the UK GDPR; the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) (and regulations made thereunder) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/2426) as amended.
UK GDPR: has the meaning given to it in section 3(10) (as supplemented by section 205(4)) of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Both parties will comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Legislation. This section is in addition to, and does not relieve, remove or replace, a party’s obligations or rights under the Data Protection Legislation.
- The parties acknowledge that for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, you are the Controller and we are the Processor. Schedule 1 sets out the scope, nature and purpose of processing by us, the duration of the processing and the types of Personal Data and Special Category Data and categories of Data Subject.
- Without prejudice to the generality of section 10(a), you will ensure and warrant that you have all necessary appropriate consents and notices in place to enable lawful transfer of the Personal Data and Special Category Data to us and the Approved Personnel for the duration and purposes of the Subscription.
- Without prejudice to the generality of section 10(a), we will, in relation to any Personal Data and Special Category Data processed in connection with the performance by us of our obligations under these Terms:
- process that Personal Data and Special Category Data only on your written instructions which are set out in these Terms unless we are required by applicable laws to otherwise process that Personal Data and Special Category Data;
- ensure that we have in place appropriate technical and organisational measures, to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and Special Category Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, Personal Data and Special Category Data, appropriate to the harm that might result from the unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage and the nature of the data to be protected, having regard to the state of technological development and the cost of implementing any measures (those measures may include, where appropriate, pseudonymising and encrypting Personal Data and Special Category Data, ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of its systems and services, ensuring that availability of and access to Personal Data and Special Category Data can be restored in a timely manner after an incident, and regularly assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the technical and organisational measures adopted by it);
- ensure that all personnel who have access to and/or process Personal Data and Special Category Data are obliged to keep the Personal Data confidential; and
- not transfer any Personal Data and Special Category Data outside of the UK unless your prior written consent has been obtained and the following conditions are fulfilled:
- we have provided appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer;
- the Data Subject has enforceable rights and effective legal remedies; and
- we comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation by providing an adequate level of protection to any Personal Data and Special Category Data that is transferred;
- assist you, at your cost, in responding to any request from a Data Subject and in ensuring compliance with your obligations under the Data Protection Legislation with respect to security, breach notifications, impact assessments and consultations with supervisory authorities or regulators;
- notify you without undue delay on becoming aware of a Personal Data Breach;
- upon your written request, delete or return Personal Data and Special Category Data and any such copies to you on termination of the agreement unless required by applicable laws to store the Personal Data and Special Category Data; and
- maintain complete and accurate records and information to demonstrate our compliance with these Terms.
- You consent to us appointing Google LLC as a third-party processor of Personal Data and Special Category Data under these Terms. We confirm that we have entered into a written agreement incorporating terms which are substantially similar to those set out in this section and which we confirm reflects and will continue to reflect the requirements of the Data Protection Legislation. We will remain fully liable for all acts or omissions of any third-party processor appointed by us.
- When using the Application there is a transfer of Personal Data and Special Category Data from you (based in the United Kingdom) to us (based in Australia), and so you agree that the terms of the transfer agreement found at this link, applies to this transfer of Personal Data and Special Category Data and forms part of these Terms.
- Disputes: Neither party may commence court proceedings relating to any dispute arising from, or in connection with, these Terms without first meeting with the other party to seek (in good faith) to resolve that dispute (unless that party is seeking urgent interlocutory relief or the dispute relates to compliance with this clause). Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the LCIA Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be Oxford, United Kingdom. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. The governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of England & Wales.
- Notices: Any notice given under these Terms must be in writing addressed to us at the details set out below or to you at the details in your account. Any notice may be sent by standard post or email and will be deemed to have been served on the expiry of 48 hours in the case of post, or at the time of transmission in the case of transmission by email.
- Feedback and complaints: We are always looking to improve our services. If you have any feedback or a complaint, please notify us on our contact details below and we will take reasonable steps to address any concerns you have.
- Assignment: You must not assign any rights or obligations under these Terms, whether in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
- Entire Agreement: The Terms and attached schedules contain the entire understanding and agreement between you and us in respect of their subject matter.
- Amendment: We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary these Terms by publishing varied terms on the Application. Prior to placing creating an account, we recommend you carefully read the terms that are in effect at that time to ensure you understand and agree to them.
- Governing law: These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts . The Application may be accessed in the United Kingdom and overseas. We make no representation that the Application complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside of the United Kingdom and Australia. If you access the Application from outside the United Kingdom and Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place you access the Application including with respect to privacy data storage and sharing and applicable laws and/ or regulations.
- Third-party applications: The Application may contain links to web application or other URLs operated by third parties. Unless we tell you otherwise, we do not control, endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, the content on those web applications or URLs. We recommend that you make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those web applications. If you purchase goods or services from a third-party web application or URL linked from the Application, such third party provides the goods and services to you, not us.
August 14 2023
- User data is stored in the cloud using Google Cloud Platform services. Text data is stored on a Google Cloud Firestore database; images and PDF documents are stored using Google Cloud Storage.
- The Google Cloud Platform services which the Application uses encrypt data both in transit and at rest. The data is not end-to-end encrypted and can be viewed by administrators. Administrator access to user data is restricted to select personnel who have a specific business reason to access it.
- The Application uses security rules for both Cloud Firestore and Cloud Storage which ensure that a user’s data is accessible only to that specific user.
- For more details on security and privacy in Google Cloud Firebase services, see https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy
- The Application provides an auto-logout facility which, if activated, enables the Application to sign out automatically when it is closed.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
Praccelerate Pty Ltd T/A Praccelerate (ABN: 69 653 698 901)
Last update: 6 August 2023
Processing, Personal Data, Special Category Data and Data Subjects
Processing by Praccelerate Pty Limited
- Scope: to enable Praccelerate Pty Limited to provide services to its users/clients in the form of provision of an application to record Personal Data and Special Category Data of the clients patients and the medical procedures performed by the client.
- Nature: Praccelerate Pty Limited will process the Personal Data and Special Category Data to enable them to provide their application and subscription services.
- Purpose of processing: to collect, record, store, retrieve, analyse, transfer or otherwise make available the Personal Data and Special Category Data to enable Praccelerate Pty Limited to provide the application services to the client.
- Duration of the processing: during the term of the client’s subscription of the Praccelerate application.
- Types of Personal Data: client name, client contact details (address, telephone and email address), client qualifications, patient name; patient age, patient gender, patient contact details (address, telephone and email address), patient user names and passwords, patient payment details.
- Types of Special Category Data: details of the patients relating to (i) medical conditions; (ii) medical history; (iii) medical procedures performed; (iv) ethnicity; (v) sexual orientation; (vi) lifestyle habits; (vii) prescription records; (viii) diagnostic records; (ix) patient observations; (x) clinical notes; (xi) images relating to medical procedures; (xii) general health information.
- Categories of Data Subject: the client using the application and patients of the client.